Thursday, June 9, 2011

stone's taught me to fly

the other day i watched a movie called 'in good company' 

had never heard of it before but watched it more as background noise. i actually ended up quite enjoying it. topher grace is kinda easy on the eyeball too (as is scarlett)


the point of this is to say that as i was half falling asleep, 'canonball' by damien rice started playing. thing is: i don't know damien rice. i mean, i do now, but i actually didn't know it was him singing. or that he existed. the song seemed soooo familiar...and it gave me goosebumps. then it all fell into place. my handsome boyfriend, sang and recorded that exact song. and then sent it to me via the interwebz. like last year i think (he wasn't my boyfriend at the time)

here are the lyrics:

There’s still a little bit of your taste in my mouth
There’s still a little bit of you laced with my doubt
It’s still a little hard to say what's going on

There’s still a little bit of your ghost your witness
There’s still a little bit of your face i haven't kissed
You step a little closer each day
That I can´t say what´s going on

Stones taught me to fly
Love, it taught me to lie
Life, it taught me to die
So it's not hard to fall
When you float like a cannonball

There’s still a little bit of your song in my ear
There’s still a little bit of your words i long to hear
You step a little closer to me
So close that I can´t see what´s going on

Stones taught me to fly
Love taught me to lie
Life taught me to die
So its not hard to fall
When you float like a cannon.

Stones taught me to fly
Love, it taught me to cry
So come on courage, teach me to be shy
'Cause its not hard to fall,
And I don't want to scare her
Its not hard to fall
And i don't want to lose
Its not hard to grow
When you know that you just don't know

xxx 

ai, it's beautiful.

so the movie was great, damien rice is great and greg is most wonderful.

who would you choose? 

 

too bad friends, the red one's mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment